ArtsWells Festival of All Things Art
Expect the unexpected!
Welcome to the 16th Annual ArtsWells Festival, we’re grateful to be gathering on the traditional territory of the Lhtako Dene.
Here are a few helpful tips, so you have more time to enjoy the tunes, duh!
Fill up with fuel (this applies to both your car and your body)
We’re a mountain town so it gets cold at night; bring a sweater, rain jacket + your favourite FUNtastic scarf.
Bring a water bottle and a mug, you can fill it up in many spots around town, with both water and other delicious beverages. Help us cut down on garbage and recycling.
Going to indulge in delicious eats n treats? We advise you get cash out before settling in our tiny town.
Don’t forget your sunscreen, sun hat, bug spray and good vibes!
When Arriving head to Box Office at our IMA Office at 2323 Pooley Street
If you’ve purchased weekend passes online, stop in at our mobile box office right beside the highway as you get into town, and they’ll get you sorted.
Just So Know…
We don’t have cell service BUT we do have plenty of FREE wifi around town (phew)!
We’re a ‘Park n Walk’ event, there is no parking in upper Wells BUT bring your bike & enjoy the ride 🙂
This is our tiny town, treat is as your own, with love & respect.
Please leave your fur babies at home with a friend, if you can’t, please ensure they are on a leash at all times (Animals are not permitted in any venues).
You can win rad prizes by uploading your pics with #ArtsWells
It’s time to get this party started. Look after yourself, your festival family & your new found friends.
Every year, artists travel from across the country to this little mountain town to be part of the inspiring collaboration that is ArtsWells. This is a 4 day outdoor & indoor event designed with community in mind. We hope that you will enjoy the weekend taking in all the great artists, the local flavour of nature trails, historical sites, artisans, and friendly folk! There’s much to experience…
- Over 100 musical performances on 12 stages – folk, hip-hop, electronic, world, pop, roots, jazz, country, funk
- Over 20 different Workshops to attend where you can learn everything from Ukrainian dance to lyric writing to clowning and so much more
- Activities for kids including a crafting station, a children’s stage and workshops geared towards children
- Screenings of independent films as well as local theatre productions
- The 20th International One Minute Play Festival
- A host of inter-genre literary performances and workshops including storytelling/writing, poetry, and the unexpected
- A visual ArtWalk around the town of Wells
- Artisans selling their wares
- Discounts to local attractions like Barkerville Historic Town – where you can catch more ArtsWells musical acts just 7 km down the road
- Free Wifi provided by ABC Communications