ArtsWells Festival of All Things Art
Expect the unexpected!
Wells has always been a town vibrant with arts and culture. In the 1930s, musical acts were enjoyed in the very same Wells Community Hall where many of the festival’s shows and exhibitions are held.
Every year, artists travel from across the country to this little mountain town to be part of the inspiring collaboration that is ArtsWells. This is a 4 day outdoor & indoor event designed with community in mind. We hope that you will enjoy the weekend taking in all the great artists, the local flavour of nature trails, historical sites, artisans, and friendly folk!
- Over 100 musical performances on 12 stages – folk, hip-hop, electronic, world, pop, roots, jazz, country, funk
- Over 20 different Workshops to attend where you can learn everything from Ukrainian dance to lyric writing to clowning and so much more
- Activities for kids including a crafting station, a children’s stage and workshops geared towards children
- Screenings of independent films as well as local theatre productions
- The 19th International One Minute Play Festival
- A host of inter-genre literary performances and workshops including storytelling/writing, poetry, and the unexpected
- A visual ArtWalk around the town of Wells
- Artisans selling their wares
- Discounts to local attractions like Barkerville Historic Town – where you can catch more ArtsWells musical acts just 8 km down the road
- Free Wifi provided by ABC Communications