Camping & Accommodations
– Individual camping passes are available online HERE
– A tent camping pass costs $30. Each individual person in a tent must purchase a camping pass.
– An RV camping pass costs $60. The RV driver can purchase an RV pass. Additional campers in the RV must purchase a tent camping pass.
– One camping pass is valid for the entire weekend.
– Camping passes are subject to availability. It is recommended that you book early if you’d like to guarantee a spot for the weekend.
– Camping pass holders will be issued a wristband at the Box Office on the festival weekend.
– There are two festival campsites: The Ball Diamond campground is for quiet & family camping. The second General camping area is behind the Bears Paw Venue.
– Campgrounds have portable toilets and access to non-potable water. We do not have hook ups for RVs or access to showers, however there are private camping sites in Wells that provide these services (see the list below).
– Dogs are permitted in town but please ensure that they are leashed.
The ArtsWells festival weekend gets very busy so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Private and Public Campsites
Nugget Hills RV Park & Camping (Wells) – RV water and electrical hook-ups & showers. 250-994-2333
Cariboo Joy RV Park (Wells) – Tended season-round RV park with bathroom and shower facilities. RV’s only (no tent sites available). 250-994-3463
Barkerville Campgrounds (Barkerville) – A number of campsites closer to Barkerville. Small cabins are also available. These campsites are a 20 minute bike ride or 5 minute drive from Wells. Fire pits, firewood sales, flush toilets, sani-dump and coin operated showers are available. 1-866-994-3297
B&B, Hotel & Motel Accommodations
The Wells Hotel (Wells) – Enjoy the simple elegance of one of British Columbia’s newly renovated heritage country inns. Relax in the Wells Hotel 1930’s pub & restaurant. One of the venues during the ArtsWells festival. 250-994-3427
The Hubs Motel (Wells) – Across the street from the Bear’s Paw. Friendly service, clean & comfortable rooms and affordable rates. 250-994-3313
Mountain Thyme Getaway (Wells) – A quaint 1940’s guest-house on the main street of Wells overlooking the meadows, Sliding Mountain, and across from the Bear’s Paw Café and the Frog On The Bog Gifts. 250-994-2345
The White Caps Motel (Wells) – Inquire as to availability. 250-994-3489
St. George Hotel B&B (Barkerville) – Authentic 1890’s atmosphere with modern amenities. A quaint 7 room property. 250-994-0008
The Kelly and King House B&B (Barkerville) – Stay right in historic Barkerville. Feather beds, down duvets and antique furnishings. 250-994-3328
Please call the IMA office if you require additional information: 1-800-442-2787